Using TLA - Transparent Gamma Irradiated Bags For Pharmaceutical Packaging
When it comes to storing, packaging, and transporting pharmaceuticals and other pharma products, it is of paramount importance that the packaging and packaging material is sterilized in nature and void of any contaminants and impurities. TLA - transparent, gamma irradiated bags have become increasingly popular in the pharmaceutical packaging industry due to their ability to meet really high sterility standards using gamma sterilization that are commonly used for packaging and transporting plates from the cleanroom to external laboratories, or for the removal of waste.
They are essential for preserving the integrity and effectiveness of these samples and medicinal products in high-grade industrial bags. This sterilization method, is also considered highly effective, and the bags are ready to use and made out of high quality polyethylene, which makes it sturdy and very efficient for packaging.
Transparent Gamma Irradiated Bags are thin, clear, and sturdy packaging materials that have undergone an effective sterilization process with the use of gamma radiation. Since, Gamma irradiation is a form of high-energy electromagnetic radiation, it is known to be an effective way of sterilization to help negate any effects of contamination and spoilage due to the breeding of microorganisms. This form of gamma sterilization is widely used in various industries, such as the pharmaceutical sector, and research in cleanrooms, to guarantee the sterility of goods and packaging.
Gamma Irradiated Bags Vs. Traditional packaging in pharma. Why choose gamma irradiated bags?
In the pharmaceutical industry, both gamma irradiated bags and regular packaging are used to keep products safe from contamination and harm from any external elements and environmental changes in industrial bags. But, there are better benefits to using gamma irradiated bags that use gamma irradiation sterilization, over the traditional, regular packaging.
- In gamma irradiated bags, microorganisms are killed using gamma irradiation, which is the most effective method of sterilization. This makes gamma irradiated bags suitable for packaging sterile pharmaceuticals/medicines and medical equipment such as chemical and microbiological plates.
- Since, Gamma irradiated bags are typically made from high-quality, high-barrier materials, such as laminated polyethylene and polypropylene, they provide an excellent protection against all the major external elements such as moisture, and water. vapor, oxygen, heat, dust, humidity, and other environmental contaminants.
- These transparent product bags provide multi-layer protection that even provides chemical biocompatibility with the contents of the bag, making it non-toxic and non-reactive in nature. This is important to protect the different types and varieties of contents of the Gamma irradiated bags from reacting or spoiling the bag or the mixture that is contained.
- GIBs are very strong and durable, meaning they are highly resistant to any puncture or tearing, during shipping and handling, and this is important for protecting the contents of the bag and products from any damage during transit and storage. These transparent gamma-irradiated bags use gamma irradiation sterilization and are relatively inexpensive when compared to the traditional pharmaceutical packaging and are easy to use and maintain.
- Gamma irradiated bags follow and comply with all the necessary regulatory requirements of the given industry in terms of safety, usage, packaging, and transportation products bags making them easy and safe to use in cleanrooms as well as other research and pharma applications. They are widely used to package a wide range of pharmaceutical products, such as intravenous drugs, medical devices, and diagnostic kits, and also in cleanrooms to package and protect sensitive and potent drugs and testing inside sterile bags.
Traditional packaging materials on the other hand, like glass or other forms of plastic, don’t provide all of the benefits that GIBs do in terms of safety and ease of use. For instance, glass bottles and vials are prone to breakage during storage and transit, while plastic packaging and pouches can leak moisture or oxygen making the contents of the bag prone to contamination and impurities. Traditional packaging materials also need to be sterilized by using processes that use heat or steam which can be laborious, costly, and less efficient when compared to the gamma irradiation process.
Applications of gamma irradiated bags in the pharmaceutical industry
The use of gamma irradiated bags for the packaging of a wide variety of pharmaceutical products is a common practice, and these bags are used to package various different drugs in liquid, solid, or powdered form. Sterile packaging ensures that these packaged drugs remain safe and uncontaminated for the duration of their use or storage, thus preserving their efficacy and potency.
Gamma irradiated bags are commonly used to package pharmaceutical ingredients and products that are derived from biological materials, investigational drugs, clinical trial products, or sensitive biological samples, that need to be kept in a sterile environment, like vaccines/serum/cell cultures. The gamma irradiation process can greatly help remove any harmful microorganisms from the packaging, to create a sterile environment for the contents of the bag.
If you're in the pharmaceutical business, you need to make sure you have sterile packaging for different medical devices like surgical tools, implants, and disposable items. Thus using a gamma irradiated bag is ideal to keep these medical devices safe and sterile until they're ready to be used, with their integrity and quality maintained.
Medical diagnostic kits are essential for the successful diagnosis of medical conditions and diseases. The efficiency and potency of the samples to be tested is important before testing and thus it should be free from any kind of contamination, microorganisms, or impurities. To ensure the kits are sterile, gamma irradiated bags are used as a packaging solution, to ensure the kits are reliable and accurate in a sterile bag.
Raw materials and active pharmaceutical ingredients such as APIs need to be stored and transported in a sterile environment from the cleanroom to packaging, Gamma irradiated clear bags can help retain the sterility and integrity to prevent any contamination. GIBs are also used to package various medical devices, such as implants, surgical instruments, and catheters in a sterile bag.
Gamma irradiated clear bags provide a range of uses and benefits over the traditional, less sterilized, pharmaceutical packaging, and can help improve sterility, increase durability, and cost-effectiveness, thus making them a preferred option for pharmaceutical businesses and numerous applications.